Just off the coast of Miami, away from the hustle and bustle of city life lies the Village of Key Biscayne. It is a tropical island located south of Miami Beach, and southeast of Brickell and Downtown Miami. Crossing the beautiful turquoise waters of Biscayne Bay a just a short the drive over the Rickenbacker Causeway takes you into a place which has a feel all it’s own.
There numerous luxurious waterfront condos and homes to choose from on Key Biscayne. Most boast gorgeous views of Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean as well as the Miami skyline. You can see residents zipping around in golf carts instead of locked up in bumper to bumper traffic found in downtown Miami just a short distance away. Located conveniently close to downtown Miami it hosts numerous events and festivals.
The Village of Key Biscayne is made up of businesses, retail shops, services, drug stores, boutiques, spas, cafes, and restaurants. It has all the conveniences you need should you not want to leave the island.
Parks and Activities on Key Biscayne
Key Biscayne is known for its numerous beautiful beaches and water sports making it a premier destination and place to call home.
- Key Biscayne is home to the Miami Seaquarium.
- Crandon Beach Park is a three-mile stretch of beach with a sandbar for wading.
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park is over a mile of pristine white sandy beaches. The Cape Florida Lighthouse is a historic lighthouse built in 1825 and found at the end.
- Crandon Park Tennis Center and Stadium is home to the annual Sony Ericcson Open. This event is recognized worldwide as the “Fifth Grand Slam” tournament.
- And one cannot forget the Crandon Golf Course which has seen many legends such as Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Chi Chi Rodriguez, and Lee Trevino grace it’s greens.
The exclusive Ritz Carlton Resort on Key Biscayne is a high end resort with fine dining and all the luxury amenities one could desire.
Key Biscayne is truly a tropical paradise. An island retreat of swaying palm trees with soothing ocean breezes. It is the apex of places to live in South Florida.